OFF: A different type of tape swap

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Jul 20 20:13:03 EDT 1999

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:31:57 -0400, Brian Halligan
<bthalligan at EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:

>  Crow wrote:
>
> >There seems to be fair number of musicians
> >subscribed to this list.  Why not take tapes of the
> >music by these persons and form a tape swap?

You can count me in for participation on this!  (Not for organization,
though ... I'm thoroughly overextended as it is.)  I've got an 8-minute
krautrock/spacerock solo piece (regrettably, you'll have to hear my attempt
at playing drums on the parts where the sequencer isn't handling the rhythm
:^P) that just needs to be mixed-down ... this would give me an excuse!
Recorded on 6-track cassette, if anyone cares (better than boom box, but
not much).

> We did something similar back in '94 (?) with list members recording
covers of
>HW and BOC tunes.
> Only three bands submitted anything, but it was fun for those of us who let
>loose and gave our own
> take on some of our favorites.

Must've been shortly before I joined the list (for the first time).  Too
bad, I would have liked to participate in that.  Not right now, though;
both my main bands recorded/performed BÖC tunes within the last couple
months and I'm burnt out on those ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com