off: Ozrics

Dan Witt lwitt1 at USWEST.NET
Thu Jul 22 15:29:36 EDT 1999

Just saw the Ozrics at First Avenue in Minneapolis last night.  Great
show, they played about 125 minutes.  Lots of fancy lights and
projections.  The opener, Star People, was a real surprise, kind of like
Bryan Ferry meets Syd Barret, or maybe Dean Martin meets Sun RA, take
your pick.  Do check out Star People if you get the chance.

I have great dat of the Ozrics show, made from some AKG's and a Lunatec
pre.  I'll be transferring it to CDR and will be up for a trade in the
near future, if anybody is interested contact me privately.

On another note; those of you thinking of flying to SD99 here's a little
tip that worked good for me.  Shop around for fares to Pittsburg and
Columbus and maybe even Toledo and erie.  For me and my friend to fly to
Cleveland it would have been $700.00 roundtrip, to fly to Pittsburg it's
$290.00 roundtrip.  And since Pittsburg is about 100 miles from Nelson
that's our ticket.  Point is there can be a huge difference in airfares
to cities that are fairly close to each other. Hope to see you all
there.