OFF: A different type of tape swap

Christopher Bruce kaduflyer at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Thu Jul 22 11:50:47 EDT 1999

Hi Dave,
You have it a little sideways, but that is the basic problem, however, if you
set it up right and everyone experiences their own playing delayed(this takes
some getting used to) as well as the overall mix, the streaming capability of
the musicians modem is the only impediment. I have also sent MIDI performance
data over a phone modem, and its amazing! Especially on Macs (no slur on PCs,
just Macs are for audio, PCs are for...I forget, why do people like them?
...Ohh, yeah, their bosses meke 'em use 'em... that and Bil Gates subliminal
image in every Microsoft product...) Its when you're listening directly to
yourself that you screw up. Try playing through a digital delay 100% wet. Same
thing. Thanks for the feedback (no pun intended).
Chris