OFF: A different type of tape swap

Christopher Bruce kaduflyer at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Thu Jul 22 17:31:54 EDT 1999

Doug Pearson wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 01:49:25 +0100, Jonathan Jarrett
> <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
> >        The famed `other list I'm on' (<stonerrock-list at lists.cfug.org>)
> >is currently producing a CD-R of bands on the list, but there are quite a
> >few of the Man's Ruin type stoner bands on there, in one person or
> >another.
>
> Does that include Noothgrush (we used to share a rehearsal space with 'em)?
>  Ironically, the guy from the Jack Saints (one of the few token non-stoner
> punk bands on Man's Ruin) is a big Hawkwind fan.
>
> This is a great idea, though, to make a CD-R of bands with boc-l members (I
> wonder if we could get the bands that 'XXX <boclist at HWIND.GLOBALNET.CO.UK>'
> and '<ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM>' are involved with to participate :^) ?).  I
> suppose I could even volunteer to organize it, if no one else will.  BUT -
> if I do, that means it will get done later rather than sooner.  It should
> be no problem for us to fill up a 74-minute CD-R (if there's any question
> of that, we can just throw on an extra Das Ludicroix jam to take it to the
> limit).
>
> > Nobody ever mentions their musical activities on BOC-L except the
> >members/participants of Das Ludicroix, it seems to me: what are other
> >people doing?
>
> I just checked the archives and found about a dozen instances of me hyping
> up various bands I've been in, but since I've been asked :^) ...
>
> my current primary musical outlets are:
> Dogbreath bassist/vocalist - 3-chord loud,fast,simple punk/pop (songs < 3
> minutes)
> (CD on Polypore records this fall)
> Primordial Undermind violinist - extended hard rock psychedelic jamming
> (songs > 6 minutes)
> (CD on Camera Obscura in September)
>
> ... but I'm always involved with various projects, including solo
> recordings (such as the one I mixed last night for inclusion on the boc-l
> member collection).
>
> Who else?
>
>         -Doug
>          ceres at sirius.com

 Engineer with 19 years experience in Spacerock bands volunteers bandwidth and
realtime to all HW-minded comers...
Resume on request...
CB - HW FOH sound 89,90,91 US tours... inc. Calif. BStorm, Palace Springs eng'ing.
MP3 is the winner, now, when do you guys want to play?
Its all up to you...