OFF: A different type of tape swap

Christopher Bruce kaduflyer at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Thu Jul 22 18:53:20 EDT 1999

Dave Greenhalgh wrote:

> Christopher Bruce wrote:
>
> > Hi Dave,
> > You have it a little sideways, but that is the basic problem, however, if you
> > set it up right and everyone experiences their own playing delayed(this takes
> > some getting used to) as well as the overall mix,
>
> Yep,  it's that delay thing that got me.  Playing through a delay set 100% effected is
> something I can deal with, at least the delay is constant.  When we tried on-line jams a
> while ago it was in the UK on 33.6 Modems using a combination of virgin, AOL and demon as
> the ISPs.  Only the guys on demon got anything like a constant delay.  The rest of us got
> breaks in transmission and essentially random delays.
>
> I haven't tried it for a while, though but it seems to me that the net has got slower so
> unless it all runs through the same ISP ...  I don't know, I'm not a networks expert!!  I
> have another ISP local here with ISDN.  Maybe try that over the weekend,  but Japanese
> traffic levels are huge and the ISDN drop out rate is worse that the phone-line connection
> that I use to Telnet into Virgin!
>
> > Especially on Macs
>
> Is there any other machine for music <g>
>
> MP3 was a bit esoteric!
> --
> Dave Greenhalgh
>
> ICQ#33513470
Right on the money, dave. Try a DSL or get back to me on att. They are running
Roadrunner here and it blazes at 1.5 MBPS, only $20 a month, less if you have
cable. Where exactly are you? I'll set you up if you have content.

CB