off: Ozrics

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Jul 23 14:28:25 EDT 1999

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Bill Stewart wrote:

=> Who did the light show for Ozrics?  Who's doin the light show for the Hawks?

John thanked the person doing the light show at the gig I went to, but
because he was mumbling, I couldn't make out the name.  The light show
was good, except for those times it was obliterated when they went way
overboard with the strobes (which was too often for my liking).  What's
the deal with those strobes?  Do they think they get a bulk usage rate
or something? ;-)

Speaking of John and mumbling, the guy is a trip to watch in concert.
He looked well out of it from the off, and when not going about in
exaggerated pantomime, he'd be wailing away continuously in a world of
his own on wind instruments from his little bag he brought on stage with
him---mostly inaudible, as he'd only occasionally wander close enough to
his mic for it to pick anything up.  Bizarre...

The show was great, and everyone looked to be having a ton of fun on
stage.  Check 'em out.

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Bevis Frond, _Vavona Burr_