MoFi BOC / T&M gold disc

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Fri Jul 23 14:34:46 EDT 1999

On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 04:11:23PM +0100, bart wrote:
> > >One final point to anybody that cares. Assuming the printed lyrics are pretty
> > >definitive,
> >
> > Why?  Have they ever been right before?
> >
> > (well, I haven't seen Bolle's BOC fanclub lyric sheet, but I'd probably
> >  lend some credence to that over my green and white computer paper
> >  50 cents printed lyrics...)
>
> True, but since the boc-l lyrics partially (mostly?) came from Steve Swann and
> other old timers straining to decypher words from records around 91/92 (I just
> about remember that), I'd think the liner notes are more accurate.

Hey!  The Imaginos Lyrics Transcription Project was one of the great
achievements in the history of this list.  After months of listening
to those verses over and over (until some members of the ILTP
succumbed to a kind of poetical insanity), I think we ended up getting
about 30% of the lyrics right.  ;-)

(Actually, the BOC-L lyrics have long since been corrected to match up
with Bolle's much more accurate fan club lyric sheets).

Steve
swann at plutonia.com