OFF: "Space Does Not Care" Play-list

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Mon Jul 26 15:50:05 EDT 1999

"Space Does Not Care" 7/24/99, every Sat 7-9 pm PST

1.Ebeling Hughes--Transfigured ("can you feel the determination of the
Pilgrims/ amidst the depths of the desert's gloom...with their songs of lofty
cheer?"--gotta love it)
2.Farflung--Vision of Infinity ("Concussion speed!")
3.Hawkwind--Void City ("here we come...")
4.Monster Magnet--Brainstorm (make up yer own lyrics)
5.Pressurehed--Valiant Thor (hmm...if space aliens do visit, will they want
to return Earth to barbaric Viking-culture? Sounds like a change of
pace...and several OS Star Trek episodes)
6.Dilate--Oblivium (Tangerine-Dreamy, blissful)
7.Melting Euphoria--In Aquarian Dream (from Space Box comp--Cleopatra
releases previously-unreleased track? Wow!) Anyway, She's Taking Us Over the
Edge of the World is on the way, Dr. Clic)
8.Ozric Tentacles--Bizarre Bazaar (oblig. Oz tune)
9.The Brain--Vortex in my Cortex (see M. Euphoria)
10.Pressurehed--Explaining the Unexplained (excerpt--only had 2 minutes
before the hour break, so I faded in and out for the best part)
11.Underground Zero--Aimless Flight (glorious, need more like this)
12.Cosmic Couriers--Culture in a Small Room
13.Can--Father Cannot Yell (neither can mine, but he's been born, so no good
excuse)
14.Hash Jar Tempo--Sources in Cleveland (hmm...still not sure about this CD)
15.Porcupine Tree--Stars Die (nice imagery in the lyrics)
16.Transfinite--Omega (Luna Mix) (from Amberdelic Space comp)
17.Architectural Metaphor--We've Come for Your Children (no lyrics necessary
here, the music says it all)
18.Mirza--Feeding the Serpent From a Cup (amazing percussive sculpture, only
thing I've heard to parallel would be Zappa's "Theme to Burnt Weeny
Sandwich")

Thanks for reading (esp. since I was annoyingly compelled to add commentary
this time), Chuck