HW: Derby bike show

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jul 26 18:59:39 EDT 1999

XXX writes:

> Hello
>
> I spoke to the organisers of the bike show today and they inform me that
> there are plenty of tickets left to buy on the door.
> They said that there are no vehicles ie buses etc allowed. But otherwise
> the Buxton festival goers will be more than welcome.

Excellent news!

> Make sure that when you buy tickets you tell them that it is Hawkwind that
> you have come to see. That should up our profile with the bikers!

No problem 8-)

> The address is;
> Pentrich Showground,
> Chesterfield Rd,
> Pentrich,
> nr Ripley,
> Derbyshire.
>
> We will have to arrange another meeting place for BOC listers.

I've arranged to meet up with a friend at the beer tent.   If the
weather stays as hot as forecast then somewhere near or just outside
the beer tent entrance (where there's a breeze and some shade) might
be a good place to gather.   I'll be wearing some sort of Hawkwind
shirt and I'm - uh - female, small, elderly looking with glasses.
Just your average looking danger to society type of person in other
words 8-)

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk