Gigs in London - true or false

Thomas Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Wed Jul 28 09:32:30 EDT 1999

Mark Winkelmann writes:

I saw them in 1989 for their 20th aniversary gig in London and it was the
best gig I've ever seen.

Hello Mark,

Welcome to the list indeed!  We're not too bad a crowd here really,
a few eccentrics maybe...................

I couldn't agree more, about the 1989 tour.  I got to both nights at
Hammersmith in 1989, and with Simon House playing, and hearing such
fantastic new songs like Treadmill, Out of the Shadows, Snake Dance (the
pre-Teepee version) and Back in the Box; combined with classics like
Heads/Time we Left breathing a new lease of life................WOW!

I took my sister too, and she was totally bowled over by the gigs!  The
lazers were awesome, as were the strobing lights at the back of the stage
too - the thick "aromatic" atmousphere enhanced the whole thing too - if you
know what I mean!

In fact the 1989 tour was so brilliant, that the 1990 tour was a bit of a
let down in comparison.

Best wishes,

Guy Thomas