BOC: Concert bills

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Jul 28 09:20:03 EDT 1999

Don asked...

>> For whatever reason, Woodstock got me thinking about concert
>> double-bills, and who I'd most like to see performing together. Just
>> out of pure curiosity, has BOC ever been on a bill with:
>>
>> Motorhead?
>> Uriah Heep?
>> Deep Purple?
>> Alice Cooper?
>> Ozzy-era Sabbath or Ozzy solo?

I distinctly remember a 'Black & Blue' tour, which almost certainly was
Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult.  But the timing probably would have put
it into the original Ronnie Dio-era, circa 1983.

I just saw a show announced in Cleveland sharing the bill with Steppenwolf
(aka John Kay and some other people born after 'Born to Be Wild' probably).
Reminds me of the five-band show I saw about five years ago.  Let's
see....it was Leslie West, Jefferson Airplane, John Kay & Steppenwolf,
somebody else I can't remember, and then finally, BOC.  It was at the 'shed'
outside Pittsburgh, and it went to like 2 AM.  Unusually late for one of
those shows.  Only the most rabid BOC fans stayed 'till the bitter end.

Keith H. (FAA)