BOC: Concert bills

Don Farmer farmer at ALLENCC.NET
Wed Jul 28 13:20:34 EDT 1999

> I distinctly remember a 'Black & Blue' tour, which almost certainly was
> Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult.  But the timing probably would have put
> it into the original Ronnie Dio-era, circa 1983.

Yes, It was Black Sabbath.  I was a senior in high school in 1982,
and some of my friends were going to see this concert in Little Rock,
AR.  My parents wouldn't let me go because it was a school night.  I
was bummed!!  The next day, that's all they could talk about.  And I
missed it.  That is something I'll never forget.

> I just saw a show announced in Cleveland sharing the bill with Steppenwolf
> (aka John Kay and some other people born after 'Born to Be Wild' probably).
> Reminds me of the five-band show I saw about five years ago.  Let's
> see....it was Leslie West, Jefferson Airplane, John Kay & Steppenwolf,
> somebody else I can't remember, and then finally, BOC.  It was at the 'shed'
> outside Pittsburgh, and it went to like 2 AM.  Unusually late for one of
> those shows.  Only the most rabid BOC fans stayed 'till the bitter end.

I thought Leslie West was dead.  I think BOC has played with John Kay
and Steppenwolf at Kansas City before as well.  Along with Ozark
Mountain Daredevils.  Every year Sandstone Ampitheather has a Summer
Jam that has several legends of rock.  Or as some of my friends call
it, "Has-beens of rock."

Don Farmer.