way, way, muchly off: der schtory of "<>"

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 28 13:29:20 EDT 1999

In a message dated 7/28/99 12:50:43 PM, Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM writes:

<<PS:  what the hell does "<>" mean?

============================
dinna mean moch of nuffink
but permit me to wyste a wee mite of yiz toime:

it dates back to something i forwarded to BOC-L called , if memory serves, "a
message from god" which would bring an end to my 'forwarding phase' (mostly)

i got a note from master theo saying that all he'd received of the forward
was: <>
i joked back that it must have been a case of 'divine intervention', and
indeed that was the all-encompassing message, or words to that effect.

so it went from being an in-joke twixt master theo and i to being the way i
signed things. i had become too discouraged to end w/"ja ne" anymore and "X
(his mark)" only goes so far.
=======
listen, guys n' gals, there are no lack of individuals of all ethnicities
etc. who unknowingly or willfully act like stereotypes. okay? that's how
stereotypes come about and are perpetuated.

and, like, the 'irish phonetic dialect' someone deployed just now in response
to my response, that was killer! i loved it! thanks!

but sorry, i was pretty bummed by the lame blackface stuff and i said so.
i considered it casually mean-spirited, by default if not design. and das
ludicroix's black bassist and black synth player (for STRANGE DAZE) most
likely wouldnt have enjoyed it either.
so there ya go.

AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY MISANTHROPE
ja ne!