BOC: Concert bills

Torgo Sedler drtorgo at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 28 20:15:04 EDT 1999

Out from the inkwell, jumps Torgo the lurker.....

It has been written that.........

----For whatever reason, Woodstock got me thinking about concert
double-bills, and who I'd most like to see performing together.----

That reminds me of the VERY first time I ever heard the name BLUE OYSTER
CULT..........

Uh oh kids...... I smell a flashback coming on........

I was young, just a kid really, and I got a job working for my wicked Uncle
Ernie on his slapped together farm in Upstate NY. It was my job to sell hay
and help load trucks and bah blah blah. I think I got 10 cents for every
bale I sold or something and........

GET ON WITH IT!!!!!!

Oh. Anyway, I had the radio on and I was helping some guy load his truck and
GODZILLA came on the radio. I had heard it before and I knew I liked it
(what 13 year old kid wouldn't?) but I didn't know who the hell it was. The
guy told me about BOC, RAVED about BOC and went on about what a freakin'
awesome band BOC was. He told me he saw them live opening for BE BOP DELUXE
(to this day I still don't know who the fark BE BOP DELUXE is or what they
do...... or don't do) and that BOC was so great that they ended up booing Be
Bop Deluxe off the stage and BOC came back out and played. I have NO IDEA if
this is true or not but that's the story that was told to my pimply teenage
face.

So, if it's true, at one time BOC and BE BOP DELUXE were on the same Concert
bill.

Also, it has been written that.....

---I thought Leslie West was dead.---

A few years ago BOC played "Fireworks over central NY", a big deal up here
in the unwashed reaches of the Empire State. This year the lineup is
headlined by FOGHAT, LOVERBOY, and MOUNTAIN (featuring Leslie West). Ok, so
from what I heard FOGHAT looks like cadavers propped up on stage these days.
And I still can't forgive Canada for selling us Loverboy, but I would kinda
like to see Mr. West play live. Still 50/50 on the whole Fireworks thing.
Theo, you going? Brian? Crow?

Anyway, that's enough from me to last several months. See you guys sometime
in the fall I guess. LOL!!!!!!

Torgo tucks himself back into a tight ball and gets ready to press the PAGE
DOWN key for several more months.
DrTorgo at hotmail.com
http://welcome.to/torgos