Hawkwind Bios

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jul 29 07:06:28 EDT 1999

Kevin Sommers writes:

> At the Castle Donnington Monsters of Rock Festival on Aug 21, 1982, in the
> intro to "Silver Machine," Dave says "I'm getting old, you know. It was my
> birthday yesterday.  Forty-one, you know."   I believe that Lemmy just
> recently turned fifty.  And at Strange Daze 97, when Nik was onstage, Dave
> said something to the effect of "Nik's getting on, you know.

This seems to be a running gag. From the CND Glastonbury 81 tape:

Dave: This is Shot down in the Night. <aside> Huwey: Shot Down...

Huw:  When it gets this cold, the guitar's a bit out of tune.

Dave: When it gets light. I blank out. I can't remember the words.

Huw:  He's getting on you know..

Dave: I'm getting old...