Leslie West

Thu Jul 29 08:59:03 EDT 1999

> Were they billed as Mountain?  What's the lineup?  Any idea what the
> album title is?  I've never seen Leslie live, damnit, but would love
> to.  He was a huge [sic] influence on me when I was just learning the
> guitar...

The new album's called _Man's World_, iirc.  And wasn't it was Felix
Pappalardi (sp?) who's dead? - shot by his wife in a "domestic".  (All too
easy to imagine: "Not bloody 'Nantucket Sleighride' again...!")

Again, iirc, they're now billed as "Leslie West's Mountain".  And they were
supported by... by... help me out here, Chris!  No wait, I got it - Del
Bromham's Stray!

I have a mate who's a bit of a Mountain fan, which is a pain if you're on
the whisky at his place, and he puts _Twin Peaks_ or _Flowers of Evil_ on
the stereo.  But he usually falls asleep straightaway.

--Andy

ObCD: Holy Curse - _Hereafter_