Leslie West

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 29 09:37:03 EDT 1999

In a message dated 7/29/99 8:59:02 AM, Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM writes:

<<
I have a mate who's a bit of a Mountain fan, which is a pain if you're on
the whisky at his place, and he puts _Twin Peaks_ or _Flowers of Evil_ on
the stereo.  But he usually falls asleep straightaway.

i have this problem virtually every time i put a tape in and recline...bloody
annoying.
no whiskey included; i'm a viper, with no 'vipe' at present...

the 17 min. version of 'sleighride' on "the road goes ever on" blew my mind
at 14 and probably contributed to my playing music...i'm still trying to
trade for another live version from that tour (i came close once, but the end
was chopped off).

on the minus side, the 32 min, 2-sided version from 'twin peaks' is IMO
wretched; the kind of indulgence which led to the punk rock era.

"<>"