off:Re: Leslie West

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Jul 29 09:52:36 EDT 1999

> From:          DASLUD at AOL.COM

> the 17 min. version of 'sleighride' on "the road goes ever on" blew my mind
> at 14 and probably contributed to my playing music...i'm still trying to
> trade for another live version from that tour (i came close once, but the end
> was chopped off).
>
> on the minus side, the 32 min, 2-sided version from 'twin peaks' is IMO
> wretched; the kind of indulgence which led to the punk rock era.
>
> "<>"
Have you heard the 2cd set, Over the Top?  Kind of like Mountain's
WotT.  Mainly a greatest hits package, but includes a pretty cool
version of Stormy Monday, from the Atlanta Pop Festival, about 20
mins long.  Worth a listen...

theo