BOC: Concert bills

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 29 13:39:04 EDT 1999

In a message dated 7/29/99 1:05:32 PM, jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK writes:

<<> In a message dated 7/28/99 9:55:35 AM, jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK
writes:

> <<        Motorhead's first ever gig was in support of Blue Oyster Cult...
> How times have changed. This was the Lemmy-Wallis-Fox line-up and
> apparently it went very badly wrong. I have also heard it contained a
> fifteen minute `Silver Machine' but this may just be Motormyth.
> Hammersmith Odeon, according to the sleeve notes in _On Parole_. Yours,
 ========================================================================>>
well, shoot.
i'll have to dig that tape up now.
i have to, for now, maintain they opened for hawkwind, that it didnt go 'very
badly wrong', and that maybe 'silver machine' was part of a medley which
lasted 15 minutes but there was no 15 minute stand alone version.  jeez, how
could they have drawn it out like that as a trio?

and att: mr bouchard:  did BOC headline the hammersmith odeon in 75
supporting "on your feet or on your knees?" and would BOC management gone
with, as an opening act, an unknown/untried/unsigned trio led by a guy who'd
just been booted from a reasonably 'major' band in the wake of a drug bust?
(yeah we know the skinny now, but in terms of at the time). what would have
been the link twixt the two bands?

and att: ms. tait: hawkwind was on tour right then behind 'warriors...'
they'd have  played that venue 'round then, right? who opened?  any comments?

 and yeah, i've got the pink fairies version of 'waiting fo' de man' but i
thought the other three were sorta disparate...

with accompanying due respect to the co-writer of "lost johnny'
"<>"