OFF: Larry Wallis

Thu Jul 29 14:19:44 EDT 1999

>         Having heard Mr. Wallis guitarring on tracks like `I Wish I Was A
> Girl', I can believe he could have hung it out for fifteen minutes... He
> can play a bit... What did he do after the Pink Fairies and then Motorhead
> Mk 1 went to the wall in 1976? I know he's on some Deviants stuff but I
> don't know, and presumably he hasn't spent the rest of his life sessioning
> for Mick Farren, Vampires or no Vampires. Yours,
>                                                  Jon

Well, first off there was the "Police Car"/"On Parole" single on Stiff,
which is 100% essential really, then there were sporadic sightings,
including the Deviants in '84 (spawning the live _Human Garbage_ album,
again 100% essential, and now out again on Captain Trip)...  the lukewarm
and not very essential Pink Fairies revival in about '87  (_Kill 'em and Eat
'em)...  I think it was '86 I saw Larry and the Death Commandos of Love (or
whatever they were called that night) at the Cricketers - awesome!

Then he seemed to turn to production and lurking - he was in the crowd at
the Cricketers for Man in about '89, made the Redbirds EP a few years ago...
wish he'd pick up his axe again though!!!

--Andy