HW: ah gots a Silver Machine, sho nuff yes i do

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Jul 29 15:08:20 EDT 1999

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:12:10 EDT, DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
>this ebonics thang came out of san fran or oakland a few years ago; dont

That would be my home town of Oakland CA, now governed by Mayor Moonbeam
(Jerry Brown), himself.

And our local state legislature representative holds the highest-ranking
elected office of any Green party member in the United States.

>think anyone was seeking to make it a "language", more like an escape hatch
>for black kids doing poorly in english.
>
>as such it was a total f*cking farcical copout and was rightfully scorned by
>black and white, as well it should have been.

Like you said, this ain't the proper forum to be discussing it so I'll shut
up now (sorry for the off-topic factoids, but I'm gonna chime in when my
hometown is mentioned!).

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com