(Fwd) Re: HW/BOC: COULD it BE? HW CDs for $5 each???

Tue Jun 1 08:40:42 EDT 1999

On tis 1 jun 1999 22.30 +1000 Soniqué <sonique at SONIQUE.NET> wrote:
> On 31 May 99, at 6:43, Kevin Sommers wrote:
>> > http://www.myshopnow.com/musicsearch/
>>
>> I went there and clicked on 8 or 9 randomly and they all said
>> "Manufacturer: K-Tel."
>> What kind of scam is this??????
>
> Well, I did the obvious thing and did a search for Hawkwind titles at
> http://www.ktel.com, and guess what? The exact same CD's are listed there,
> but with surprisingly higher prices. Many of the CD's on the k-tel site
> list the original label (such as Griffin), so it seems that K-tel are just
> distributing, not pressing these titles

     I more or less instantly assumed this was the case, and that
the record-selling place couldn't distinguish between distributor
and and maker (which doesn't inspire a *lot* of confidence in their
services!).

Cheers,
Carl

--