BOC: Wherefore art thou?

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Wed Jun 2 08:43:32 EDT 1999

Not too much to report on the BOC front these days - but this I know:

1.  The band is back from touring Japan for the first time in around 20 years.

2.  The (4th?) annual BOC Barbeque was just held in the LA area this
past weekend -- from what I hear, it was a real good time for about 75
people.  The highlight of the weekend was a performance by the "Soft
White Understudy" - a band consisting of BOC Fanclub leaders Bolle
Gregmar (drums, vocals) and Melne Murphy (guitar, vocals) with some
various other friends.  They played many obscure BOC tune - check out
this for a cool setlist:

Les Invisibles
Shadow of California
Workshop of the Telescopes
Baby Ice Dog
Cagey Cretins
Havester of Eyes
Teen Archer
Mistress of the Salmon Salt
Boorman the Chauffer
Tattoo Vampire
Divine Wind
Nosferatu
Monsters
Searchin' for Celine
Tenderloin
Dominance and Submission

3.  I hear another Sony BOC compilation will be out this month (oh yay...)

4.  Uncle Albert tells us that disc 2 of the next tBS release has been
done and those of us on the mailing list should be getting something
very soon.

5.  Version 3.1 of the BOC FAQ will be out sometime this summer.

John