OFF: GONG in LA, 6/2/99

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Thu Jun 3 19:44:42 EDT 1999

<< Fortunately, in the US, one inevitably gets to see Hawkwind up close and
 personal in fairly small clubs.  Indeed, Dave has always appeared to favor
 cheap flatware for this purpose.  I was raiding the silverware drawer and
 cranking up the delay the day after I first saw Hawkwind (fall '89) and saw
 how Glissando Guitar works!

         -Doug

---Interesting. Allen's style must be pretty unique, though, 'cause I've
never heard anything like it in HW or anything else.
BTW, what is the origin/meaning of the word "glissando"? Chuck