HW: 'Motorheed' (the song)

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri Jun 4 19:41:41 EDT 1999

In a message dated 6/4/99 4:36:34 PM, ceres at SIRIUS.COM writes:

<<
So my overall guess (only a guess!) is that Dave had a rough mix of the
rhythm tracks (definitely a common recording practice to listen extensively
to rough mixes of basic tracks before doing overdubs), and overdubbed lead
vocals, lead guitar, and synths in the early 80s for the Flicknife release.

If anyone has more concrete evidence to confirm or contradict my suspicions
... let's hear 'em!

huh. i hadnt considered anything like that (see previous)...to me brock's
vocals were sorta tossoff, as he played...do you think he'd go back, years
later, to put on THOSE vocals? (grin)

was brock overseeing the flicknife releases? i mean, this is from that batch
o' material which has been released many times over, innit? i've got it on
INDEPENDENT DAYS but something else too, i bleeve

i can't date synth noises meself, but my question is would mr. brock retouch
a demo, years later? because he didnt really make it sound like it wasnt a
demo , do ya think?

i dunno, i'm askin' you  ^_~

"<>"