HW: 'Motorheed' (the song)

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Jun 5 11:36:57 EDT 1999

Thanks for the help guys!
I think i probably go along with both of you: Doug's hypothesis seems to work
and Larry's one-take vocals has a ring of truth about it. As to why DB would
want to go back to the track, well, i don't know if these are the Baron's words
or not but the byline to the track on Independent Days is "The way it should
have been".

Given 'the disappearances' on HW writing credits i just wonder if Dave was
angling for 'Motorhead' (Brock) :-)

>So my overall guess (only a guess!) is that Dave had a rough mix of the
>rhythm tracks (definitely a common recording practice to listen extensively
>to rough mixes of basic tracks before doing overdubs), and overdubbed lead
>vocals, lead guitar, and synths in the early 80s for the Flicknife release.

"Funny things can happen when you get a job,
 Your world comes falling in on you"
     - Inner City Unit