OFF: austin powers in "THE SPY TO WHOM I PUT IT"

Mon Jun 7 03:11:24 EDT 1999

> >ObLP: _Roky Erickson and the Aliens_
>
> speaking of The Reverend of Karmic Youth, what's the new CD 'A
> Day With...' or
> whatever it's called like? I'm sure someone mentioned recently as
> being Roky
> solo w/an acoustic going through a few numbers in a hotel room.
> Is this right?
>
> andrew, working in the Kremlin with a two headed dog.

The full title is _Demon Angel: A Day and Night with Roky Erickson_.

I think it's very good!  Good quality recording, Roky on very good form.  No
very big shocks in the track list, except for "Blowin' in the Wind", but
super versions of "Bloody Hammer" and "Stand for the Fire Demon" in
particular.  I've beenplaying in quite a lot since I got itlast week.

There has for some time been a boot, also called _Demon Angel_, which I
haven't got and may not be the same thing.

- Andy