OFF: Hurry on Shakedown

Dave Greenhalgh d.greenhalgh at VIRGIN.NET
Mon Jun 7 19:46:05 EDT 1999

Jon Browne wrote:

> In article <018d01beafab$aeddea40$dcf8a8c2 at ekew.freeserve.co.uk>,
> nigel.kew <nigel.kew at VIRGIN.NET> writes
> >
> >2, are you seriously saying you've just seen Kula Shaker in Japan, Far out!

You can't be too fussy who you see out here,  the choice is a bit limited :-)

There's a lot of home grown stuff that starts promisingly and then dissolves
into a disappointing mix of fancy guitar riffs and a melody line that doesn't
fit the backing,  at least to my taste,  but who am I to judge.

Recommended listening: - Buffalo Daughter (on Grand Royal - the Beastie Boys'
label.)  Captain Vapour Athletes is interesting and the new CD, New Rock is
definitely worth a listen.  They describe themselves as "Cut and Paste
artists."  the music sits somewhere between pure rock and what the Art of Noise
would sound like with Keith Prodigy doing the writing.  Lyrics are,  of course,
high pitched <g>

--
Dave Greenhalgh

ICQ#33513470