HW: Quark STrangeness and Charm

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jun 8 13:40:07 EDT 1999

Joe writes:

> I have a question about Quark Strangeness and Charm, I am looking through
> CDUniverse, and it lists three different versions and EP, which I have, a
> version for 9.99, which I also have as I recognize it from the cover, and
> another for 23.97, which I don't have. I was wondering if anyone could tell
> me why there are two different releases and what the differences are if
> they are different?  Thanks, in advance.
>
> Joe

This is all the discography has:

**********************************

1977  Quark Strangeness And Charm (Charisma) (With sleeve insert. German
                version comes with colour negatives of Hawkwind in concert.)
        Spirit Of The Age (Brock/Calvert)
        Damnation Alley (Calvert/Brock/House)
        Fable Of A Failed Race (Brock/Calvert)
        Quark Strangeness And Charm (Brock/Calvert)
        Hassan I Sabha (Calvert/Rudolph)
        The Forge Of Vulcan (House)
        Days Of The Underground (Brock/Calvert)
        Iron Dream (King)

1994  Quark Strangeness and Charm  CD single & 12" EP
                         (The Emergency Broadcast System)
        Uncle Sam's on Mars (Red Planet Radio Mix)
        Quark Strangeness and Charm
        Black Sun
        Uncle Sam's on Mars (Martian Conquest Mix)

7"
Quark, Strangeness, and Charm/ The Forge of Vulcan 1977 (Charisma)
Quark, Strangeness, and Charm/ The Iron Dream 1977 (European Charisma)

*******************************

The 1977 is the 12" vinyl album - later reissued as a CD but not all
that rare I would have thought.
The 1994 is the EP and also a CD single
The two 7" are vinyl only releases - the 2nd probably being
considerably rarer than the first though I'd have to check my price list
to be sure.

I'm not sure why so many versions are listed unless one is a vinyl
offer or perhaps an overseas (say Japanese) issue.  I don't think
it came out as a box set?

jill

Obnewtoy> shortwave radio

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk