OFF: online CD prices

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Tue Jun 8 19:48:48 EDT 1999

An interesting twist on this has emerged recently here in Oz. Our
illustrious federal government is forging ahead with a Goods & Services Tax
(10%), and if you believe some commentators, it looks like making internet
shopping a cheaper alternative to buying some products locally. CDs, among
other things, could be cheaper offshore through mailorder than from our own
domestic retailers.
Mind you, they'll probably find a way to tax them somehow.

Pete. ("Don't blame me, I voted Labor" - bumper sticker)

ObCD: Best of Chain - Chain

At 09:27 PM 6/7/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Are online CD stores really that much cheaper and can you recommend a good
>one ??

Peter Sondergeld
p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au

"I'm no stranger to hard work - more of a nodding acquaintance." - D.G. Harris