HW: ASAM (was "Quark Strangeness and Charm")

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Wed Jun 9 19:40:16 EDT 1999

<< I don't know about the Virgin pressing, which is long out of print anyway,
 but the Griffin version of ASAM has the three bonus tracks (recorded by the
 ASAM lineup) you would expect:

 Honky Dorky
 Back on the Streets
 Dream of Isis

 (OK, so Nik isn't on the last two so it's not EXACTLY the ASAM lineup, but
 close enough...)
 The CD's in either Griffin package (book or no) are identical.  But what is
 it with all the Charisma-era reissues?  Every single one seems to be
 missing credits, or includes incorrect/inaccurate ones.  No songwriting
 info whatsoever on the Griffin ASAM!

         -Doug

---Saw this CD (CDonly) 1-2 years ago at Virgin Megastore, thought I'd wait
for used/better price. Now I'm cursing my ass for not having bought it. It's
not exactly the greatest HW album, but a few good tunes (esp. "Chronoglide
Skyway") and I've still never heard any of those 3 bonus tracks.

---And speaking of Griffin releases; I recently (finally!) rec'd Brock's
"Strange Trips". I already had the Psyche Warriors CDs. Noticing that both
have identical versions of "Pipe Dreams" and "White Zone", I was wondering if
Brock's album was recorded completely solo or w/Chadwick and/or Davey,
because there's no info on the insert as to performance credits. Also, when
exactly was the material for these two albums recorded? Just curious, thanks,
Chuck