HW: Space Ritual is "Buried Treasure"

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Mon Jun 14 19:16:00 EDT 1999

My July Mojo arrived this morning, and their "Buried Treasure - great
albums that time forgot" article is on 'Space Ritual Alive.

"a sprawling, in-concert double affair clad in a gloriously OTT fold-out
sleeve, provides the missing link between psychedelia & punk rock, and was
indeed fuelled by a salad of acid & amphetamines."

as if we didn't know...

"Its blend of comic-book sci-fi fantasies and musical values that sounded
positively prehistoric in 1973 was lapped up by a subterranean audience of
speeding bikers and space cadets, heavy metal kids and errant schoolboys."

well, at least we know what we are now *g*

"More  than 25 years later, its trance-rock throb and woozy analogue
noodlings remain in remarkably rude health."

There's a whole page devoted to it, with a potted history, a few words from
DB, and on the whole, it's very favourable.

Cheers,
ChrisW