HW: Edinburgh Concert and Kris remembers Olga

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jun 15 14:00:19 EDT 1999

XXX writes:

> > By the way, do you  (or anyone on the list) live in Edinburgh?

There are a handful of us I believe.

> > If so has
> > there been any advertising for a  concert/event  around the 27th August
> > under Edinburgh Castle, with Ken Kesey (Merry Pranksters), Paul McCartney
> > and the original line up of Hawkwind?

Not that I've heard of, though it sounds fantastic! Is this something to
do with the Festival or the Fringe? If anyone needs any hel then
consider me a volunteer.

> we have been approached to do it
> and
> > it is supposed to be a large confirmed event. If this is so it should
> have
> > been publicised by now. Can anyone tell us if they have seen any
> > advertising?

I'll look into it, but more clues, like the name of the venue or who
you've been dealing with would help.

> > Also we are trying to compile a list of Hawkwind songs that have been
> > recorded by other artists, does anyone know of any, no matter how
> obscure?

I guess the folks who've been doing the Hawkwind Covers All project
should be able to help with this?

FoFP