HW: Edinburgh Concert

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jun 15 19:38:29 EDT 1999

M Holmes writes:

> XXX writes:
>
> > > By the way, do you  (or anyone on the list) live in Edinburgh?
>
> There are a handful of us I believe.
>
> > > If so has
> > > there been any advertising for a  concert/event  around the 27th August
> > > under Edinburgh Castle, with Ken Kesey (Merry Pranksters), Paul McCartney
> > > and the original line up of Hawkwind?

Ken Kesey appeared at the Queen's Hall last year during the Festival and
I'll admit to being a tad disappointed since I was hoping to hear wild
stories of the bus tour and instead had a rather gentle new-ageish
faerie-tale told to us.   But......

> Not that I've heard of, though it sounds fantastic! Is this something to
> do with the Festival or the Fringe? If anyone needs any hel then
> consider me a volunteer.
>
> > we have been approached to do it
> > and
> > > it is supposed to be a large confirmed event. If this is so it should
> > have
> > > been publicised by now. Can anyone tell us if they have seen any
> > > advertising?
>
> I'll look into it, but more clues, like the name of the venue or who
> you've been dealing with would help.

Under the castle could be the Ross Theatre in the Gardens (which would
be terrific!) or the performance area at the bottom of the Mound
(limited viewing and no stage area) or a venue in the Grassmarket.
The latter two would suggest a Fringe venue so we could check the Fringe
Festival office to see if they know anything.   The Ross Theatre is
being used and listed as a Festival venue for the Fireworks on 4th
September but there are often performances there at other times.   I
don't see anything in the official Festival programme but can check at
the Festival office next time I get a chance.

There's a web site at  www.edinburghfestivals.co.uk but I can't try it
from here so I've no idea what's on it!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk