HW: Edinburgh Concert and Kris remembers Olga

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Wed Jun 16 08:48:07 EDT 1999

>OK this isnt funny !!! "Joe" just posted a track list for a tape series
>called "Hawkwind covers all" ,  and a Cd called Assassins of
>silence........Look,..I've never heard of any of these ...WHERE CAN I GET
>HOLD OF THEM ????
> There are titles here I've never heard of also...I'm assuming that they're
>just titles of numbers written by these bands which include samples of or
>bits of versions of HW numbers? If not where are the original HW versions
>available ??

HCA was a tape project on here a few years back (and I never got around to
resending cash to get my replacements for the ones that were stolen, though
at the time I believe the offer was there for anyone else who wanted the
tapes (it's about $15 IIRC)).

Most of the songs are cover of hawkwind tunes, but a few are just songs
that are hawkwind-related (though not by the band itself).  For example,
"The Hippies and the Hairys-O" (a parody of "Raggle-Taggle Gypsies")
which mentions Hawkwind in one line....  and another song titled
"Hawkwind" by Dumpy's Rusty Nuts....