HW: Edinburgh Concert and Kris remembers Olga

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Jun 16 14:07:10 EDT 1999

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 08:48:07 -0400, "Andrew A. Apold" <mordru at FLITE.NET>
wrote:
>from Al Ogilvy <Alogilvy at AOL.COM>:
>>OK this isnt funny !!! "Joe" just posted a track list for a tape series
>>called "Hawkwind covers all" ,  and a Cd called Assassins of
>>silence........Look,..I've never heard of any of these ...WHERE CAN I GET
>>HOLD OF THEM ????

If you're interested in the tribute CD, drop me a private Email :^).

>> There are titles here I've never heard of also...I'm assuming that they're
>>just titles of numbers written by these bands which include samples of or
>>bits of versions of HW numbers? If not where are the original HW versions
>>available ??
>
>Most of the songs are cover of hawkwind tunes, but a few are just songs
>that are hawkwind-related (though not by the band itself).  For example,
>"The Hippies and the Hairys-O" (a parody of "Raggle-Taggle Gypsies")
>which mentions Hawkwind in one line....  and another song titled
>"Hawkwind" by Dumpy's Rusty Nuts....

And a few of the unrecognized titles are songs that are quite obviously
inspired by parts of Hawkwind songs - Pere Ubu's "Final Solution" (closing
portion lifted from "Space Is Deep") and ST37's "Look At Your Chair"
(compare with "Valium Ten").

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com