Das Ludicroix

Christopher Bruce kaduflyer at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Fri Jun 18 23:04:13 EDT 1999

Well, it is indeed official, the best band you never heard will be
playing StrangeDaze this year, and I can assure you all, no one will
ever be the same after you hear them. This is not a band. This is not
a jam session. Das Ludicroix as named is a loose conglomeration of
extremely talented individual Spacerockers, any one of whom could hold
up their end in Hawkwind. Ian Souther, stage manager of StrangeDaze
past, Hawkwind roadie, Dave Brock's guitar tech and Richard Chadwick's
drum tech on the 90 and 91 North American tours, and Larry Boyd, early
HW archaeologist and percussionist of unequalled stamina (with a well
tuned ear to match) form the nucleus.
  Tentatively scheduled to join the fray are the multi-instrumental
genius Doug Walker of Alien Planetscapes and our own Carl Anderson,
who needs no intro to this audience. I will be mixing the "band" in
typical HW style, but I don't expect to be able to keep this genie in
the bottle. They will go where they will, and there are no maps.
  Do not expect structure, reference, or style. just listen and leave
this planet. Whether you make it back is up to you! Having hosted this
"thing" at several parties, I will rest my reputation on their power.
  If you miss Strangedaze this year you will regret it until you
either die or go deaf. If you think I'm overpromoting them, you
haven't heard them. Anyone who doesn't like open-ended spacejamming
doesn't belong at Strangedaze anyway, but I can safely say that there
will be a skyscraping soundscape when they take the stage. Wear your
helmet and goggles for this one.

Chris B