STRANGE DAZE '99

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Mon Jun 21 12:45:14 EDT 1999

At 11:01 AM 6/21/99 -0400, Keith Henderson wrote:
>Joe asked...
>
>>So where is this Strage Daze gig anyway?
>
>It's the three-day space rock festival in Northeast Ohio, on Aug. 20-22 this
>year.  Worth a long trip, I'd say.  (Looks like Carl is coming from England
>this time!  Or are you finishing up over there?)  Check out
>www.strange-trips.com for info/directions/lineups.
>
>>I don't suppose it's on the west coast.. (Nothing really hip ever is
anymore..)

>Huh???  Last month, just about the greatest damn festival ever was held in

True... there are areas far more devoid of cool stuff....  I'm in South
Florida,
nothing cool ever happens here (just ask Captain Cloud).  Year after year
we hear
of some cool band planning their "US" tour, and the closest they get is
somewhere
like Baltimore or Chicago.  It seems over half the cool stuff is somewhere
in the Northeast, about half the remainder is on the west coast.  (I'm
counting
Brain Surgeons gigs in here which skews it towards the NY area somewhat)...

Heck, I don't even know anything about them, but was somewhat mildly excited
when I heard Phish was gonna do a new year's eve concert here locally, until
the local sheriff vowed to prevent it from happening and it looks like it will
be somewhere else....

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold