HW: Eclipse 99

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Tue Jun 22 08:20:02 EDT 1999

And At 16:14 21/06/99 +0100, Jill wrote:

>Last I heard from someone who lives under the line of totality in Devon
>(my Mum) she was telling me how angry and upset the local campsite
>owners and hotel owners are.   Apparently the warnings have been taken
>literally and not only is no-one booking into the area for the eclipse
>itself but normal holiday bookings for August are WAY down as well.
>And I was watching on telly how some farmer had planned to convert a
>barn on his campsite area into a viewing and exhibition area but is
>having to scrap the idea because no-one is coming!

On Saturday night I heard a very similar story of unbooked camp-sites and
cancelled craft-centre pottery courses for that week from an old friend who
knows about these things: could be that things won't be too bad after all.

ChrisW
NP: Wired - New Directions in Dance