HW: Dawn of Hawkwind

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jun 22 09:34:03 EDT 1999

At last!  Dawn has arrived 8-)   and it's broken my CD player 8-(

Perhaps a tad unfair since the player has been thrashing around a bit
for a while now but I managed to play it through once and check a
couple of tracks before the equipment packed up completely.

I think it's fascinating - especially the John Peel show - and contains
one of the most bizzare versions of Mirror of Illusion I have ever
heard.

Possibly because I am a social historian by instinct and a collector
of things that go into making up everyday history rather than just
dramatic unique events but I personally think it is a rare and
wonderful piece of history.   It is a chronicle/a diary of the way
music and society were changing and is one of the most interesting
things I've listened to in years!

Trackwise

'Come On' is taken from Wierd 108 only it sounds a lot slower
'Roll Em Pete' is different from the Wierd 108 version however it
is the same as that on the White Boy Blues Vol II compilation 2CD

the rest I didn't get a chance to check out but there are tracks in the
middle (together with commentry from Brock) that are totally unique
although not, it has to be admitted, the finest of recordings!

jill
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk