london shopping trip

Wed Jun 23 10:11:28 EDT 1999

There are lots and lots of shops in the vicinity of Harrods, but not record
shops :).  (I boycott Harrods because I don't like Mohammed Al Fayed, but
that's neither here nor there.  She's probably want to see the shrine
anyway. :)

These days, most currently available stuff is probably easier and cheaper to
get over the internet, to be perfectly honest - I live in London myself, and
buy three-quarters or more of my CDs via the net.

That said, there are some independents that are worth checking out, like
Selectadisc in Berwick Street, Soho; or Rhythm Records in Camden High
Street.  There's also the usual Tower/Virgin/HMW sheds full of Boyzone's
greatest hits (but occasionally some oddities too).

Second-hand is another issue, there's lots and lots of places selling used
vinyl and CDs (but somehow I doubt your boss will want to page through boxes
and boxes of LPs, unless she really likes you! :)

--Andy