OFF: Gov't Mule (was Re: New to the list)

Brian Halligan bthalligan at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Jun 25 18:44:35 EDT 1999

owen <antisol at SOFTHOME.NET> wrote:

>  How is Gov't Mule? The only time I actually heard them was when they played
>live on WBCN in Boston about 4 years ago. I remember thinking they sounded
>strangely a little like Black Sabbath,

They covered War Pigs on their latest live album, believe it or not!
They're a very blues-based power trio whose guitarist (Warren Haynes) and
bassist (Allen Woody) were once with the Allman Bros. Band.  Warren wrote
Soulshine for the Bros.

I only have their latest, "Live...With a Little Help From Our Friends" and
it's pretty amazing.  Guests include Marc Ford (ex- Black Crowes), Bernie
Worell (master of P-Funk keys), and Derek Trucks among others.  They also
have two studio albums and another live album.  I was able to find some of
their CDs in the big chains, Circuit City, Waves, etc.  It might take a
little looking around though.

Brian