New to the list

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Sun Jun 27 20:02:49 EDT 1999

At 10:25 25/06/99 -0700, JB wrote:

>Greatest BOC moment? 1975, being mesmerized by BOC (and certain chemicals)
>during the final part of "Flaming Telepaths",  (".. and the joke's on YOU!)
>that seemed to go on forever and completely blew me away.. One of my most
>intense musical moments ever which I will always remember..

Pretty similar for me - without the chemicals (unfortunately?):  First BOC
gig, same period, their first actual tour of the UK, Manchester Free Trade
Hall; a lot of the detail has blurred by now, but I remember them kicking
off with "Stairway to the Stars", I remember "ME262" & the 5 guitars, but
most of all, that refrain of "..and the jokes on YOU!" haunted me for ages
- and I never understood why Stairway & Telepaths weren't on OYFOOYK.
(Note: I never even knew what the title of "Flaming Telepaths" was until I
eventually bought ST a year or two later!)

Cheers,
ChrisW