OFF: Anti-piracy encryption article

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Tue Jun 29 16:31:34 EDT 1999

In a message dated 6/29/99 4:19:05 PM, paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU writes:

<<=>
=> << Comstock thinks the design specifications will help make popular music
=> > available to online consumers.
=> >>
=>
=> and here's today's 50 point bonus question, contestants:
=> what is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT word in this sentence?
=> "<>"

"Thinks?"

(insert harsh buzzer sound)
(audience makes "awwwww" sound)
sorry, that's NOT the word we're looking for!!
anyone else?
what is the corporate motivation behind all this
and from WHOM do corporations most benefit?
who, in the context of this article,
they are not benefitting from as MUCH as they'd  LIKE?
we'll be right back after these messages...

"<>"