OFF: Anti-piracy encryption article

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Tue Jun 29 19:45:23 EDT 1999

In a message dated 6/29/99 5:09:56 PM, mordru at FLITE.NET writes:

<<>
>(insert harsh buzzer sound)
>(audience makes "awwwww" sound)
>sorry, that's NOT the word we're looking for!!
>anyone else?
=========

"popular"
or
"consumers"
=>>

(murmuring amongst audience...)
"well, mister moderu="

(annoyed)"that's MORDRU, cleve--"

"heheh, of course, of course, isnt that what i just said? little touchy
today, arent we, mister mooduro? flies in your cornflakes this morning?"
(audience laughs)
"well , we're gonna have to turn this one over to danielle, our lovely and
scantily-clad hostess--
(wild cheers from audience)
--and SHE can make the final decision!"

(giggles) well, cleve, he got it HALF right,  and he IS kinda cute (giggles);
i say he gets the 50 points."
(applause)

"well, danielle has spoken, mister modemo--

(pissed) "that's MOR- "

--today's 50 point bonus word was "consumers", and you're today's GRAND PRIZE
WINNER on EMPTY YOUR WALLET!!! c'mon, let's hear a great big studio audience
round of applause for mister maydemoo!"
(wild cheers from audience)
(cue closing theme)

"and we hope you at home will join us again tomorrow for the show that tells
you what your priorities are and expects you to pay for the privilege! here
on... EMPTY YOUR WAL-AARRRHHHGGHH!!"
(crumples to floor)
(screams from audience)

(standing behind cleve with baseball bat) "that's MORDRU, you rotten son of a
bitch! MORDRU! MORD---"
(screen goes blank)
======
"<>"