HW/BOC: Emperors New Clothes

Patrick Cordiner s328171 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Mon Mar 1 07:09:41 EST 1999

----------
> From: Jonathan Jarrett
> > phew! i'm glad someone else said that, i picked up agents of fortune a
> > couple of weeks ago (for 75p along w/ led zep IV and blind faith for
the
> > same price 8-)) and to be honest ETI was the only track on there that
would
> > have me scurrying back to listen again. anyways, a question: what boc
stuff
> > would people recommend to a fan of (all periods) hawks?
>
>         Unquestionably 'Cultosaurus Erectus'. Then probably 'Blue Oyster
> Cult' itself, given that as a Hawkwind fan you're used to appalling
> production :-) Yours,
>                       Jon

Probably (having five BOC albums myself and still havent realized what all
the hype is about) I would recommend all the Moorcock written stuff -
`Black Blade' off Cultosaurus, `Great sun jester' off Mirrors and `Veteran
of a thousand Psychic wars' off Fire of unknown origin - which isn't a bad
album all things considered. `On your feet or on your knees' is arguably
their best, contains good live versions of a large chunk of their career.

Patrick.