RE: Re: BÖC: Sometimes more Amazing then othertimes.

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Tue Mar 2 12:17:04 EST 1999

Amen.. That's why, for me anyway, a BOC show is not as exciting as it could
be.. not enough variation. Merely entertaining rather than transfixing.. no
true unique moments...

Oh I'll still go see them whenever they blow thru town, their music has been
the soundtrack of my life... And I would point anyone not familiar with the
band beyond their FM presence to a BOC show, secure in the knowledge that
they will come away impressed. But it ain't what it used to be...

Amazing indeed...

JB
                -----Original Message-----
                From:   DASLUD at AOL.COM [mailto:DASLUD at AOL.COM]
                Sent:   Tuesday, March 02, 1999 7:35 AM
                To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
                Subject:        Re:Re: BÖC: Sometimes more Amazing then
othertimes.

                i'd think it would get depressing for them to go through the
exact same
                motions for years...might as well be gymnasts or ice skaters
or something...i
                mean there's no allowance for "magic moments", as opposed to
'simple
                execution"....theoretically that would be the difference
twixt being
                entertained and being TRANSFIXED....lotsa folks are content
w/being
                entertained...others hope for more...

                anyway you said they didnt quite go through the same motions
every night, so
                good for them...

                i wasnt offended by nothin'; just noted the distinction
between "room for
                IMPROVEMENT" and "room for IMPROVISATION", the latter being
what i meant to
                say>>>

                ja ne!