OFF: The Deviants Have Left the Planet

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Mar 2 19:25:47 EST 1999

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:51:39 -0000, Andy Gilham <Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM>
wrote:

>Aztec Calendar/Gunfire in the Night/It's Alright Ma/God's Worst
>Nightmare/People Don't Like Reality/Love Among the Zombies/Let's Loot the
>Supermarket Again Like We Did Last Summer/Yellow Dog/Mick Farren has Left
>the Planet/Twilight of the Gods/Memphis Psychosis

"Let's Loot The Supermarket" was the only song from the 'Screwed Up' EP
that was inexplicably left off the last Deviants leftovers collection on
Captain Trip - it's my favorite song from that 7" (which is why my band
covers it ... BTW is it vaguely about cannibalism or have I learned the
lyrics completely wrong?).

I assume that "Memphis Psychosis" is the track that Mick did with a full
band at the two Terrastock festivals?  (something along the lines of "I
knew I shouldn't have taken those funny pills that guy in the men's room
gave me")  Does it say if the track was recorded there (Providence RI or SF
CA)?  If so, it'll feature ex-Hawkwinder current-Bevis Fronder Ade Shaw on
bass.

Is there stuff from any of the shows Mick has done recently (the last 5
years or so) with Larry Wallis?

thanks for the review,

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com