BOC: GAoL encores, etc.

Thu Mar 4 14:03:50 EST 1999

On tor 4 mar 1999 10.30 +0000 "Ted Jackson jr. s2h2"
<tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU> wrote:
>> From:          "Hall, Russell J" <russell.j.hall at LMCO.COM>
>> >
>> Sports Rock USA - Hartford CT (or thereabouts) - the encore was Golden
Age
>> of Leather!
>>
> They did Golden Age at a gig a while back.  Where was it, Capt.
> Trip's in '97?  Brian, you remember that one?

     I was at a show in '92 or '93 where they played that as an
encore.

     Mind you, my perception of how a band ought to approach
playing a gig was heavily affected by getting into contemporary
music largely through the Grateful Dead as a teenager.  Ever
since, I've felt that not shaking up the set-list on a nightly
basis and lack of on-stage improv constitute major wimping out
on the part of a band :)

Cheers,
Carl

--