HW: Brock intervew

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Fri Mar 5 02:23:43 EST 1999

<<   Carl,
               well, no-one's actually told me it was Dik Mik, but I have
 read that his name's MacManus, and I supposed that the band had figured
 the audio generator stuff to be so vital to the song it was worth a
 credit. But you may well be right, though now my curiosity's piqued.
         Dammit, he deserved that credit... Yours,
                                                   Jon >>

--Alrighty, let's settle this! :) If you're talking about "Kadu Flyer", then
it couldn't have been DikMik as he was gone waaaay before ASAM, so he
definitely doesn't play on the album. And as for "Silver Machine", that was,
what I think I've seen referred to often in press and liner-notes and just
from fans as well, "the first Brock/Calvert composition". So McManus was
definitely Brock.
--Incidentally, I think Del and DikMik SHOULD have gotten credits on such
tunes as "Silver Machine", etc. "Electronic #1" was just what they always did,
but w/out the rest of the group playing... :)

Chuck